Friday, November 24, 2017

New Castle YMCA 5k

Well, after two years of ankle and foot injuries, plus life shit I entered a thanksgiving race in New Castle, PA called the New Castle YMCA 5k.  I have been on a roller coaster of injuries and realized foot injuries can be some of the most frustrating to get over.  However, the feet were feeling good but had a slight hamstring tightness in my left ass so I figured I would run the race but not hard.

Got the YMCA in downtown New Castle, PA - a town that lives about 25 years in the past.  Got the bib, shirt and bottle.  Hit the dumper to clear it all out.  Both feet have been giving  me issues in the past couple of years such as peroneal tendonosis (from an ankle roll on the trails), sesamoiditis (from hiking in shitty boots), and the winner of them all lisfranc sprain - all of which sucked ass.  However, we are all feeling good except for some left hamstring tightness going on.  I told myself I would keep it at 8 minute miles for the race and that would be fine by me.  Nic, Zach, Heather, Charity, and my brother-in law all ran the race.  As stated, I ran a pretty slow race finishing second in my age group and 47th out of 294 which wasn't that bad for no races for years.  Hammy was a little tight at the finish but not bad at all.

I ended up with a 24:54/8:02 mile pace.  Not exactly 6:30's like had was doing a few years ago.  However, I will take and keep working on those tight hamstrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment