Monday, November 19, 2012

Snowflake Stampede

So in a banner weekend I went for a threesome of runs/races.  Saturday was Freeze Your Gizzard, Sunday morning was 10 Mile Backyard Burn, and Sunday night was a 2.5 mile fun run through the Bull Run Festival of Lights.

The boys and I met up with some other moms and kids from my Gainesville Moms Run This Town group. 


This promised to be a terrific event.  We all got run t-shirts and glow necklaces.  Then we were able to run through the Bull Run Festival of Lights at our own pace.  Usually you can only drive through the Festival so this was a real treat.  The boys and I alternated walking, running, and stopping to take some fun photos of the light displays.

 It was good for me to stretch my legs out after the morning trail work, and it was a fun way to kick off the holidays with some friends.  I hope they do this event again next year as it a lot of fun!
No, I didn't gain 10 pounds after my 10 mile trail run...it's just the t-shirt layered over a fleece.

No comments:

Post a Comment